I’m a content strategist, editor, and writer. I help your words inform, inspire, and delight your audience.
I’ve spent my career in local news, investigative journalism, and government agencies. I always work for the public.
Ask me about metadata, the Oxford comma, or my bird.
- Content strategy and development for Two Twelve, a group that specializes in wayfinding and public information design.
- Leading a committee of journalists and developers for OpenNews’ DEI Coalition for Anti-Racist, Equitable, and Just Newsrooms
- Content strategy at the Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Content strategy and editing with The COVID Tracking Project
- I worked on a homepage redesign! Read all about it.
- 🔍 5+ years at ProPublica, most recently as production editor
- 🏆 2015 Pulitzer Prize for breaking news coverage, with The Seattle Times staff